Before submitting an application for summer aid, please be sure that you have:
- completed a 2017-2018 FAFSA (or a 2018-2019 FAFSA if applicable*)
- met all standards of the academic progress policy
- enrolled in the minimum number of credits to receive aid
*If you are admitted to one of the following programs (which begin in the summer 2018), you must file a 2018-2019 FAFSA and complete a summer aid application before we can process your federal direct loan for the summer:
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Social Work
- Professional Accounting program
- Masters in Accountancy in Financial Accounting (MACCY) program
- Camden Law
- Camden Graduate School
Students enrolling in the summer 2018 Professional Accounting Program or the MACCY program should contact the Newark Office of Financial Aid once you have filed the 2018-2019 FAFSA.
Federal Direct Loan Eligibility for Undergraduates and Graduates
View your 2017-2018 Award Letter to determine if you have already received the maximum amount allowed for your class level. Loan limits are listed below.
|Class level (academic year 16-17)||Dependent||Independent (and dependent students whose parent is unable to obtain a PLUS loan)|
|0-24 credits (First-year)||$5,500||$9,500|
|25-48 credits (Sophomore)||$6,500||$10,500|
|49 or more credits (Junior/Senior)||$7,500||$12,500|
Federal Pell Grant for Eligible Undergraduates
The amount you receive depends upon on the number of credits for which you are registered and your remaining eligibility. Changes in attendance can result in the reduction or cancellation of your Pell grant.