Change in Family Circumstances
Committed to making your education affordable
Some students and families experience issues that may impact their ability to contribute to educational expenses. In these situations, a Change in Family Circumstances (CIFC) form will allow us to address those issues and decide if a change in eligibility is warranted. A form for the academic year must be completed and submitted for review.
- If you have not yet accepted your admission offer, we will not review your appeal until you have notified Rutgers of your intention to enroll. Therefore, please inform the Office of Financial Aid promptly when your admission status changes.
- Do not send in the form without all required documentation listed. If all documents are not provided, the form will not be processed and your aid will be delayed.
- Make sure to sign and date the form and all supporting documentation.
- Please allow at least 4-6 weeks for a financial aid officer to review your file during peak processing time (July and August). After all information has been received and reviewed, the student will be notified by email of the results.
- Review of documents, letters, emails, and other communications is processed in the order in which they are received. Please promptly return your documents.
- Submission of a Change in Family Circumstances form does not guarantee additional funds. This process does not release students from adhering to the term bill requirements.
If your unusual condition is not covered on a Change in Family Circumstances form, please explain your special circumstances on a separate letter and provide supporting documentation.