The Rutgers Student Employment Office is pleased to announce that we will be transitioning all Job Location and Development Program (JLDP) job postings to the Rutgers Handshake platform. The JLDP still exists and we’re still here to help you with your part-time and seasonal employment needs – same great program, just a new and improved web platform! Rutgers Handshake provides twice the number of employment opportunities for students across all fields (as reported by peer institutions), an easy interface for employers to track their recruiting activities across all Handshake member universities, and a mobile-friendly interface for students.
Some exciting highlights of Rutgers Handshake are:
- Since the launch in April 2018, students have submitted over 200,000 employment applications!
- 50% of Rutgers sutdents are already using the Handshake platform
- You will not be able to manage resumes in the system or via an external application system if you wish to do so
- You can look forward to one global Handshake account with access to more than 475 major colleges and universities
- Handshake offers powerful applicant filtering options, which can increase efficiency in your hiring process
Here is what you need to know regarding the transition:
Invitation to Join:
If you have not already joined Rutgers Handshake, your invitation to join will be sent on Monday, January 14, 2019. Once you receive your email invitation from Rutgers Handshake, please complete the step-by-step prompts for setting up your free account. If you do no receive an email invitation from Handshake, visit financialaid.rutgers.edu/handshake to access a link to join directly.\
New Part-Time and Seasonal Job Postings:
The last day to post new jobs in our current system will be Friday, January 11, 2019. After this date, all new jobs must be submitted through Handshake, so it is important that you set up your account as soon as ou recieveyour invitation to join, even if you do not currently have jobs to post.
We’re excited to partner with University Career Services in using the Rutgers Handshake platform to improve the JLDP for both students and employers! Please contact Joanne Leaf, JLDP Coordinator at or 848-932-2648, with any questions or concerns.
Amy Creteau, Manager for Student Employment
Joanne Leaf, JLDP Coordinator
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Student Employment Office
620 George Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901