Jumpstart is currently searching for motivated students to serve as Team Members for the 2016-2017 academic year. Please submit an online application at www.jstart.org/apply today! Be sure to select Rutgers University-Newark as your preferred site.
Students selected to be a member of the Jumpstart Team have an opportunity to:
- Receive extensive professional development training in the fields of early literacy, child development, social/emotional development, family and community engagement, and leadership.
- Earn internship course credit and hours
- Earn wages through the Federal Work Study program, if applicable
- List Jumpstart Training and Work Experience on their resume
- Network with prospective employers or other representatives from the greater Newark community.
- Inspire children to develop a love of learning and help them succeed in school…and in life.
Team members of Jumpstart do not need to be an education major in order to apply. Jumpstart is looking for students, both undergraduate and graduate, who represent any major at Rutgers University-Newark.
Work-study students are encouraged to apply, but non work-study students are also accepted.
What is Jumpstart?
Jumpstart is a national early childhood organization that recruits and trains college students and community Corps members to serve preschool children in low income neighborhoods. A proven curriculum helps children develop language, literacy, social, and emotional skills they need to be ready for kindergarten, setting them on a path to close the achievement gap before it is too late.