Job Fair 2019 Student Information
Date: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Time: 11:00am – 2:00pm
Location: College Avenue Student Center, Multipurpose Room and Main Lounge (map).
Registration is encouraged but not required.
Some tips to get the most out of this event:
- Business casual is best. We understand that you will most likely be coming in between classes so employers are not expecting you to wear a suit. However, make sure you are dressed neat and presentable.
- When you are approaching employers, remember that a firm handshake and good eye contact show confidence. A first impression is always very important!
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. It shows that you are attentive and interested in the company or position.
- Keep an open mind! Even if you think you are not interested in a particular company, you might want to stop by their table and have a conversation anyway. You never know what kinds of jobs they may have available. If nothing else, you can gain experience talking with employers and maybe even make a contact for the future. Networking is key!
- If you have a resume, bring plenty of copies!!! Many employers will want to collect resumes.
- Relax and enjoy your time at the job fair. It’s a great experience to have under your belt for when you start searching for full-time positions.
- Be confident and be yourself!
We will have a broad range of businesses in attendance such as:
1-800-GOT JUNK, Camp Riverbend, Camps Equinunk and Blue Ridge, 3rd Space, Alternatives, Inc., Amazing Amusements & Entertainment Inc., American Pool, Camp Bow Wow Bridgewater, CMIT Solutions of New Brunswick, Condor Capital Management, County of Hunterdon, Division of Parks & Recreation, DHL Express, East Brunswick Township Recreation & Parks, Engineering for Kids, Epic Developmental Services, Exploria Resorts, LLC, FedEx Ground-Keasby, FedEx Ground-Dayton, Gyros To Go.us, Hand and Stone of East Windsor, LakeView Day Camp, McMahon Associates, Inc., MEK Review, Middlesex County Office of Parks and Recreation, Oak Crest Camp, Plainfield Country Club, Primerica, QuickChek, Six Flags Great Adventure, Somerset County Park Commission, Sparkling Pool Services, Inc., Springpoint Senior Living, Stelton Cabinet, Trail Blazer Camps, Trinity Solar, United Teletech Financial FCU, YMCA of MEWSA
Rutgers University employers in attendance include:
Business & Auxiliary Services, Centers for Global Advancement & International Affairs, Office of the Chancellor – IT Services, Rutgers Office of Information Technology, Rutgers Recreation Kids Summer Camp, Rutgers Division of Continuing Studies, Rutgers Center for Effective School Practices, Rutgers Douglas Residential College, Rutgers Law School, Rutgers Learning Centers, Rutgers The Collaborative Center for Community-Based Research and Service, Rutgers School of Communication & Information, Rutgers Institutional Planning and Operation, Rutgers Summer & Winter Sessions.
Learn more about the employers in attendance and see a map of the Job Fair here.
If you have any questions about the job fair, please email Joanne Leaf at .
We look forward to seeing you on March 26!